Saturday, June 21, 2008

1980's are the Greatest!

I loved the 80's! I don't know entirely why, but it is a decade I love.

Some things that come to mind are the music of the decade (including rocker hair-doos and mullets), fashion, my sports teams had great success, riding around in beat up Dodge cars and other trade ins, Reagan (love him or hate him), riding the bus to the 6th grade, movies, Cola wars, less political correctness, Superfriends Cartoon, etc.

The Breakfast Club, Hoosiers, Ferris Bueller, First Blood, Die Hard. Can't mention all the movies.

There are so many great artists I cannot mention a fraction of them. VH1 occasionally has the top 100 of the decade, for the most part it is a good list. Heart, B52s, Pat Benetar, Queen, Air Supply, Journey, Bon Jovi, Twisted Sister, The Police, Foreigner, Survivor (one song, Eye of the Tiger), Men At Work, Steve Miller Band, Prince, Hall and Oates, Rick Springfield, John Cougar Mellencamp, The Go-Go's, Van Halen, INXS, U2, Depeche Mode, Phil Collins, Scandal, Def Leppard, Guns n' Roses.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I can't say I liked the Clothes or hair in the 80's. but the movies and music were some of the best. Good Times.

T. McArthur said...

I was being slightly sarcastic with the clothes and hair, but at the time they were the style. Looking back we can say that now.

paulsharol said...

Casey saw the Bee Gees here in LV they were the disco champs loved Queen

paulsharol said...

you would like Pirrips new album there is a link to it on our blog